Our classroom is a community. In a community, we have rules to help us get along with each other. We will discuss the rules and what is expected of students. Please review the classroom rules and consequences.
- Promptly follow all directions.
- Show respect to everyone and their property.
- No gum, food, or soft drinks in the classroom. (A bottle of water is acceptable.)
- No unauthorized electronic device use.
Positive Behavior Consequences
- Verbal Praise
- Choice Seating
- Positive Parent Note
- Pleasant classroom environment
- Other rewards deemed appropriate.
In the words of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, “Correction does much, but encouragement does more.” I prefer my classroom environment to encourage good behavior rather than focus on negative behavior, therefore should a student choose to not follow classroom rules and expectations, the student chooses the following actions to be taken based on the severity and/or frequency of the misbehavior.
Negative Behavior Consequences
- Verbal Warning
- Student-Teacher Conference
- Parent-Teacher Contact
- Office Referral
- Other consequences deemed appropriate.
- Serious offenses may result in immediate office referral!