Welcome to the Spring Semester of the 2019 – 2020 school year at Belmont High School!
Hopefully you had a refreshing break and are ready to be back at school. I am excited about teaching you this semester and look forward to working with you and your family to ensure that you get the most out of class. I will be doing my part to deliver instruction in the most effective manner, as I want success for each of my students. I hope that you have high expectations for yourself and plan to do your best in class. I encourage you to keep track of your assignments and grades and discuss with your family what you are learning in class.
To assist you in monitoring your progress and assignments, I want to make you aware of a few Internet sites:
- The Active Parent website is available through the Tishomingo County School District’s website. This site will allow students and parents to view grades.
- The Remind website and application are a free, safe and simple communication tool to instantly text reminders or announcements directly to students and parents. Messaging is safe because phone numbers are kept private and a permanent log of all communications is kept. The sign-up information concerning remind is on the following page.
- Canvas Learning Management System is part of our digital classroom. Students will find their lesson guided notes, assignments, and other content. Students may use the Canvas Student application to navigate the digital classroom.
- The Pearson Realize website is the location of our online curriculum and textbook. Students will find assignments, quizzes and other resources on this site. A copy of the digital textbook may be downloaded using the Realize Reader application.
- The Algebra Nation website is available to Algebra 1 students and teachers in Mississippi. It is aligned to the Mississippi Mathematics Standards and is customized to help students succeed in Algebra 1 and beyond. The Algebra Nation application allows students to take practice tests, download and watch lesson videos, and request assistance with math problems.
- Khan Academy and CK-12 are additional sites that students use to practice and reinforce the skills taught in the classroom. These sites are used for daily assignments and extra credit opportunities.
- Our class website at www.todavis.com will allow students and parents to keep up to date about class news and events, assignments, websites, and much more. Our class website is an additional way for me to share information concerning what is going on in class!
If you have any questions or concerns about your class, grades, or the following rules, policies, and procedures, please feel free to contact me. I look forward to a great semester!