Welcome to the Spring Semester of the 2018 – 2019 school year at Belmont High School!
Hopefully you had a refreshing break and are ready to be back at school. I am excited about teaching you this semester and look forward to working with you and your family to ensure that you get the most out of class. I will be doing my part to deliver instruction in the most effective manner, as I want success for each of my students. I hope that you have high expectations for yourself and plan to do your best in class. I encourage you to keep track of your assignments and grades and discuss with your family what you are learning in class.
To assist you in monitoring your progress and assignments, I want to make you aware of a few Internet sites:
- The Active Parent site is available through the Tishomingo County School District’s website at www.tcsk12.com. A user id and password can obtain through the website. This site will allow students and parents to view grades.
- The Homework Viewer is available through the Belmont High School website at belmont.tcsk12.com. Date ranges, individual teachers, or subjects may be selected to view assignments for those options.
- The Remind website/application is a free, safe and simple communication tool to instantly text reminders or announcements directly to students’ and parents’ phones. Messaging is safe because phone numbers are kept private and a permanent log of all communications is kept. The sign-up information concerning remind is on the following page.
- The Algebra Nation website is available to Algebra 1 students and teachers in many counties in Mississippi. It is aligned to the Mississippi Mathematics Standards and is customized to help students succeed in Algebra 1 and beyond. Their teacher gives students a user id and password.
- Khan Academy and CK-12 are additional sites that we use to reinforce and practice the skills taught in the classroom. Their teacher gives students a user id and password.
If you have any questions or concerns about your class, grades, or the following rules, policies, and procedures, please feel free to ask questions. I look forward to a great year!