Welcome to the Fall Semester of the 2018 – 2019 school year at Belmont High School!
Hopefully you had a refreshing summer and are ready to be back at school. I am excited about teaching you this semester and look forward to working with you and your family to ensure that you get the most out of class. I will be doing my part to deliver instruction in the most effective manner as I want success for each of my students. I hope that you have high expectations for yourself and plan to do your best in class. I encourage you to keep track of your assignments and grades and discuss with your family what you are learning in class.
To assist you in monitoring your progress and assignments, I want to make you aware of a few internet sites:
- The Active Parent site is available through the Tishomingo County School District’s website. A user id and password can obtain through the website. This site will allow students and parents to view grades.
- The Homework Viewer is available through the Belmont High School website. Date ranges, individual teachers, or subjects may be selected to view assignments for those options.
- The Remind website/application is a free, safe and simple communication tool to instantly text reminders or announcements directly to students’ and parents’ phones. Messaging is safe because phone numbers are kept private and a permanent log of all communications are kept.
- The Algebra Nation website is available to Algebra 1 students and teachers in many counties in Mississippi. It is aligned to the Mississippi Mathematics Standards and is customized to help students succeed in Algebra 1 and beyond. Students are given a user id and password by their teacher.
- Khan Academy and CK-12 are additional sites that we use to reinforce and practice the skills taught in the classroom. Students are given a user id and password by their teacher.
If you have any questions or concerns about your class, grades, or the following rules, policies, and procedures, please feel free to ask questions. I look forward to a great year!